Associate Picture Editor, Global Pictures Desk
Umowa o pracę
Branża / kategoria
Reklama i kreacja
Aktualizacja: 2 miesiące temu
Associate Picture Editor, Global Pictures Desk
Reuters is looking for an enthusiastic journalist with advanced English and a sharp eye for detail who can effortlessly sift through the thousands of photos our photographers shoot every day.
You will join our global team editing the news pictures service, which is mainly based at our centre in Gdańsk, Poland. In your role you will contribute to the daily picture file.
Our Global Pictures Desk team ensures the quality, accuracy and speed of delivery of news pictures to our clients worldwide. We have a dynamic newsroom including video, text, and graphics journalists which collaborate to produce a compelling professional news product unavailable anywhere else. And we are the first to know the news.
Please note, this position is based in Gdańsk, Poland.
As our Associate Picture Editor for the Global Pictures Desk, you will:
- Gather images sent in from editors and photographers from around the globe
- Research and edit photos and photo captions, writing captions in English quickly and accurately so photos can be delivered to our global clients
- Maintain close operational links between pictures, text, video and on-line operations to guarantee integrated news coverage and production.
- Live edit many major news, sport and entertainment events
To be our Associate Picture Editor for the Global Pictures Desk, you will have:
- Fluent English (English language certificate would be an advantage)
- Professional experience and general interest in photography and journalism in a junior position
- A love for both news and news photography and a strong, up-to-date knowledge of current affairs.
- Competent working knowledge of Apple computers and Adobe Photoshop
- Sound news and pictures judgment and an ability to spot a breaking story.
- Strong interpersonal skills while working under time pressure.
- You must be willing to work as part of a global 24/7 rotating shift system, including weekends and public holiday, with occasional night shifts.
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Apply online: http://thomsonreuters.contacthr.com/ [ukryte]
Prosimy o dodanie klauzuli:
Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych w celu rekrutacji zgodnie z art. 6 ust. 1 lit. a Rozporządzenia Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (ogólne rozporządzenie o ochronie danych).
- Numer ogłoszenia: 64942016
- Data wyróżnienia: 01.08.2022
- Data wprowadzenia: 01.08.2022