News Reporter (with English and Polish)
News Reporter (with English and Polish)
Umowa o pracę
Branża / kategoria
Redakcja / Dziennikarstwo
Nr ref: JREQ170875
Reuters is looking for a candidate who can speak fluent English and Polish to join its real-time news operation in Gdansk. The reporter will get to produce headlines and write short stories about companies from the Central and Eastern European region. This job offers an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment for one of the world’s biggest and most trusted news organisations.
Why is this job important?
Trading desks, hedge funds and asset managers at major multinational banks use subscription-based Eikon terminal to get fast & accurate information to base their investment decision. Your stories for Reuters will also be seen by our media clients, on Reuters.com and other extensions available to read for everyone. Reuters news and information reaches one billion people every day.
About the Role
In this opportunity as News Reporter, you will be:
- Writing headlines and news summaries accurately, quickly and with high standards of credibility, in accordance with Reuters principles and operating standards
- Searching through approved sources to grasp and translate news
- Identifying market-moving figures and comments to filter out news stories from sources including electronic news releases, conferences calls, Webcasts
- Covering economic data for Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary
You’re a fit for the role of News Reporter if your background includes:
- Fluency in English and Polish
- Knowledge of Czech, Romanian or Hungarian languages will be an advantage
- Strong news judgment
- Ability to write with speed, clarity, accuracy and freedom from bias
- A sound command of grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Comfort with handling financial data and facts accurately and quickly
- Knowledge of corporate activity, stock markets and financial vocabulary, or an ability to gain such knowledge quickly
- An ability to work under time pressure
- Willingness to undertake shifts
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Kickstart your journalistic career with the opportunity to learn and be coached by experienced Reuters journalists and to build a global network
- Develop understanding and knowledge of global business, industry and markets and receive training on how to report on them
- Do work that matters for our global news customers: getting trusted information to outlets as quickly as possible, ensuring they don’t miss newsworthy information
- Experience being part of a dynamic, multi-national, multi-lingual newsroom with diverse backgrounds
- Get to know and utilize professional-grade financial software
- Get access to multiple training sessions delivered by members of the global learning team
- Performance based development and secondment opportunities with other bureaus and teams
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary and benefits package including paid volunteering and mental health days, private healthcare and gym card
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
- Numer ogłoszenia: 65461541
- Data wyróżnienia: 25.09.2023
- Data wprowadzenia: 25.09.2023
- Aktualizacja: 04.10.2023
Wróć do góry