European Transport Control Center Manager
Aktualizacja: 16 dni temu
Join Us As:
Welcome to Global Shared Services in Gdansk
Arla is a global farmer-owned organisation that is behind many well-known and loved brands, including Arla Apetina®, Castello®, Lurpak® and many, many more.
As an European Transport Control Centre Manager, you become a part of our Global Shared Services in Gdansk. Here, you won’t find factory machines or farmers. Instead, you will join over 500 colleagues dedicated to supporting all of Arla with IT, HR, financial and procurement operations. Joining us, you will take part in our mission to make a real difference for colleagues near and far.
With over 12 years of existence in Gdansk, we offer the opportunity to have a challenging and exciting career. As a part of the Arla organisation, you will also enjoy a Scandinavian, collaborative work culture. We are all on first name terms with each other, and we truly appreciate diversity and individuality.
About the job
Arla is creating a new and exciting function in Gdansk to centrally manage intercompany transport operations in Europe. The European Transport Control Centre (ETCC) will initially be set-up to manage and control European intermediate cross border movements within our logistics function. The ETCC is responsible for aspects of transport management including, but not limited to load building, planning, optimisation, scheduling, execution, freight settlement, continual improvement and performance management. The ETCC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth function of Arla’s intermediate transport network and thereby has a direct impact on Arla’s ability to serve its customer.
As an European Transport Control Centre Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing the establishment of the ETCC in Gdansk. You will work in a cross-functional environment with Carriers, Manufacturing, Distribution Centres, Procurement and other functions within the organisation to determine future demand for transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. You will determine and drive the vision of ETCC operations, facilitating the flow of information between different stakeholders (Carriers/Markets/Warehouses/Manufacturing), manages and excels in operational performance and lead resolution of any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity.
Specifically, you will:
- Oversee the ETCC department in all of its capacity.
- Establish high levels of service, productivity and efficiency through leadership, motivation, coaching and training.
- Be responsible for ways of working and processes, identifying and developing new systems and processes to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure effective plans are in place to meet our volumes and any potential disruption,
- Ensure tight performance monitoring for all transport movements.
- Conduct negotiations with carriers, in conjunction with procurement, ensuring SLAs are met and negotiate competitive rates.
- Ensure that carrier contractual rates and agreed performance plans are closely followed and adhered to.
- Working with procurement on the RFP processes, provide expertise to achieve best total value in the selection of services and/or carriers.
- With procurement conduct quarterly business reviews with service providers.
- Identify, evaluate and adequately define any potential risk of circumstances to mitigate any severe delays, deviations or loss of service to ETCC’s network customers by proactively informing them.
- Adapt quick and flexible ideas to transfer the risk management into alternative solutions to ensure any service disruption can be recovered smoothly.
- Develop new and enhance existing network models to improve efficiency, speed, and/or drive potential savings.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across Europe.
- Develop and initiate continuous improvement projects as well as guaranteeing success through effective management and monitoring.
- provide management information to facilitate evidence of achievements, efficiencies and progress against project plans.
- Ensure adherence to Arla Foods’ Health & Safety standards, policies and legislation.
- Some out of hours working may be required.
- +5 year-experience in managing a significant transport operation (preferably in a European transport control tower context).
- Proven experience leading and managing teams across different levels of expertise.
- Ability to create and develop an inclusive and engaged work environment.
- Fully conversant and possess extensive knowledge in all aspects of a transport planning and execution operations.
- Good understanding of a recognised TMS (preferably SAPTM) and telematics solutions.
- Considerable knowledge of European transport legislation including Brexit implications and customs documentation and processes.
- Strong business acumen (understands how to calculate high-level return on investment and partner with finance to complete a cost-benefit analysis).
- Substantive knowledge of carrier contracting, contracts and SRM.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing change and proven ability to drive change by working with internal and external partners.
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organisation.
- A team player with exceptional project management and organisational skills.
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent problem solving capability.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices.
- Comfortable in ambiguous situations.
- International operating environment
- Variable pay
- Medical care & life insurance
- Additional benefits like gym card, vouchers, travel points or cinema tickets, etc.
- Scandinavian working style & no dress code
- Trainings with experts & professional induction in a new position
- Development programs (function additions, coordinator programme)
- Financial support of your education
- Relocation package
- Referral program for employees
- Employee Assistance Program (legal, psychological, health, financial consulting, etc. )
- Support for your healthy lifestyle (fruit day, facility for sportsmen, sport challenges and activities, Arla active teams / sport groups)
- Additional holiday depending on length of employment (up to 4 days)
- Fully paid 30 min. break
- Modern office space with beautiful view and high standard furniture (i.e. adjustable desks)
- Spacious canteen, delicious coffee and tea available on every floor in special designed spots
- Chill-out rooms with X-box, pool table, board games, football table and swing
If you want to drive innovation and help your colleagues worldwide, then seize this exciting opportunity.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
Your future colleagues describe these generally:
We are Arla GSS and we deal with business the Scandinavian way.
You most likely associate us with brands like Arla Apetina, Lurpak or Castello. We are part of the global Arla Foods group employing 19,000 people worldwide and delivering 25 trillion glasses of milk a year. That being said… At our office in Gdańsk Wrzeszcz we do not produce butter or cheese, nor do we conduct milk quality assessment. We are a Global Shared Services Center. Read more about us on: jobs.arla.pl
Prosimy o dodanie klauzuli:
Pozostałe ogłoszenia z naszej firmy
Arla Global Shared Services
- Numer ogłoszenia: 64588188
- Data wyróżnienia: 22.11.2021
- Data wprowadzenia: 22.11.2021
- Aktualizacja: 23.11.2021