Software Development Engineer, Reuters
Software Development Engineer, Reuters
Umowa o pracę
Branża / kategoria
Elektronika / Elektryka
Nr ref: JREQ173522
We welcome applications to our full-time vacancies from all citizens who have been granted protection within the territory of the Republic of Poland under the EU Temporary Protection Directive*
Software Engineer – Reuters
Do you have a passion for API development? Are you interested in working on one of the largest sites providing news to web and mobile apps? If so Reuters wants to hear from you.
Reuters is looking a Software Engineer who will assist with delivering world class news to everyone on Reuters.com. This role is on the backend API team and will work across multiple API layers, integrating new services and maintaining existing functionality. The team are primarily based in North America, England and Poland.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer at Reuters, you will:
- Code primarily in backend APIs in Typescript and Java.
- Build cloud native applications and create new APIs to support business requirements.
- Build API’s that provide a one stop shop to web, mobile application, and partner integrations.
- Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle: Idea, Design, Build, Test, Operate it. We do have dedicated DevOps and support team however you will support any issues that gets triaged to the team.
- You will learn and expand your skill set on the job.
- Work on the API Layer of an Arc XP CMS (Content Management System) platform as well as AWS cloud.
- Technology stack: Java, NodeJS, Spring, Apollo GraphQL Server, AWS ECS, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Lambda
To be our Software Engineer you will likely have:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrable experience in a software development position.
- Experience using one or more of either Typescript or Java.
- Hands on experience with GraphQL or REST APIs
- Familiarity with AWS technologies.
- Strong Engineering and problem-solving skills.
- Independence and passion for technology.
- Open to learning modern technologies and using the right tool for the job.
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in English.
Please Note: Completed applications must be submitted by 11:59 (CET) on Sunday 3rd December 2023.
What’s in it For You?
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Hybrid Work Model: Currently the majority of our employees are working within a hybrid environment consisting of in-office and remote work
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com.
We welcome applications to our full-time vacancies from all citizens who have been granted protection within the territory of the Republic of Poland under the EU Temporary Protection Directive (subject to proof of status). This is inclusive of:
- Ukrainian citizens and their family members residing in Ukraine before 24 February 2022
- Third country citizens and stateless persons and their family members with international or equivalent national protection in Ukraine, who had a valid residence permit in Ukraine on 24 February 2022
- Citizens of other third countries who were permanent residents in Ukraine on 24 February 2022 in accordance with Ukrainian regulations and who cannot safely and permanently return to their country
Numer ogłoszenia: 65517513
Wróć do góry