Video Software Engineer, Reuters
Video Software Engineer, Reuters
Umowa o pracę
Branża / kategoria
Elektronika / Elektryka
Nr ref: JREQ173998
We welcome applications to our full-time vacancies from all citizens who have been granted protection within the territory of the Republic of Poland under the EU Temporary Protection Directive*
Video Software Engineer - Reuters
Join our dynamic Video Engineering team at Reuters, where we are at the forefront of delivering premium VOD and Live content across Reuters.com, Reuters News Apps, and OTT platforms. Our mission is to innovate the video delivery landscape, ingesting, encoding, packaging, and distributing premium content to millions of users daily.
We are currently looking for a Video Software Engineer, who will play a pivotal role in shaping the evolution of our systems. Collaborating with fellow video tech engineers, the successful candidate contribute to the development and release of cutting-edge products for Desktop, OTT, and Mobile platforms. The responsibilities include conducting minimal video quality checks, building, deploying, and managing video encoding/packaging applications in the cloud (AWS).
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of video technology, thrive in a collaborative environment, and have a proven track record, we invite you to be a key player in our journey to redefine the video streaming experience. Apply now to join our team of innovators!
About the Role
As a Video Software Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with multiple engineers to build scalable platforms supporting video management and publishing systems.
- Maintain, evolve, and modernize our existing video platforms.
- Champion reusability by crafting and publishing component libraries.
- Stay abreast of the latest software engineering trends, actively influencing future innovations.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and partnerships among engineers.
- Drive Video creation, curation, monetization, and discovery initiatives.
- Collaborate with video engineers to modernize and optimize our cloud video platform.
- Contribute to building features and enhancing Static/Dynamic Video solutions.
To be our Video Software Engineer you will likely have:
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, NodeJS.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems.
- Strong analytical skills with a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Strong Linux/Unix environment experience.
- Familiarity with Cloud/SaaS services, e.g., Amazon AWS.
- Expertise in video protocols (RTP, RTMP, HLS).
- Experience with modern video codecs (H264, HEVC, AAC-LC, AV1, VP9).
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field ((MSc Degree is a plus), or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of FFmpeg APIs; experience maintaining FFmpeg-based solutions in production.
- Familiarity with container technology and management (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience in technical writing and design documentation.
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Hybrid Work Model: Currently the majority of our employees are working within a hybrid environment consisting of in-office and remote work
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com.
We welcome applications to our full-time vacancies from all citizens who have been granted protection within the territory of the Republic of Poland under the EU Temporary Protection Directive (subject to proof of status). This is inclusive of:
- Ukrainian citizens and their family members residing in Ukraine before 24 February 2022
- Third country citizens and stateless persons and their family members with international or equivalent national protection in Ukraine, who had a valid residence permit in Ukraine on 24 February 2022
- Citizens of other third countries who were permanent residents in Ukraine on 24 February 2022 in accordance with Ukrainian regulations and who cannot safely and permanently return to their country
Numer ogłoszenia: 65538919
Wróć do góry